Women’s Penny Loafer: Made to Order
Loafers were first worn in Norway dating back to the nineteenth century. New England shoemakers adopted the style and added their own stamp, the iconic penny strap on the top during the 1930s. Here at Quoddy, we have made some improvements of our own with some Down East ingenuity and workmanship. Our True Penny uppers are made the traditional way with true moc construction in fine pull-up or hot-stuffed leathers. We build the leather soles and heels by hand. We also incorporate some boat-shoe style siping on the forefoot of the outsoles to enhance flexibility and traction. We add a layer of natural cork in the heels to provide extra cushioning and comfort. Your feet will feel the difference. Handmade in Maine.
- Classic penny loafer upper
- True moccasin construction
- Pull-up leather process boosts color variants, enhances sheen and makes the look of every shoe unique
- Hot-Stuffed process nourishes and conditions leather with unrefined oils for a rich feel, unique color variances and natural water resistance
- Lined in leather
- Cushioned insoles
- Hand-constructed leather outsoles
- Outsoles feature siping at the forefoot for added traction and flexibility
- Heels are made with a layer of natural cork for added comfort
- Resolable when it’s time for a refresh*
*Please keep in mind some upper materials may be worn beyond repair. What you receive back is a pair of shoes that you can wear for years to come. (Environmentally friendly and obviously costs less than buying a new pair).
Custom (Made To Order) products are personalized based on your design choices and, therefore, not returnable for refund or exchange (unless there is a defect in material or craftsmanship of the product). We want you to love your new custom footwear purchase as much as we enjoy handcrafting them for you so if you are not 100% satisfied with your custom order, we will quickly address your concern. Please contact email@example.com or call (207) 853-2488 to discuss how we can help correct any issues. Most of the time issues are with fit and many of those be resolved and we will gladly work to adjust the fit for you: Of course, it’s best to minimize any fit issues ahead of your purchase so click on this link to see our fit guide or feel free to call customer service for direction ahead of time and we will help walk you through the process. For more information on our return policy, please visit this link.